In the rare event of a malfunction, Golden’s patented SmartTek™ self-diagnostic system enables you to get your lift chair up and running — most likely over the phone. If you do require a service call, technicians will save you valuable time by knowing, before they leave the ofﬁce, what parts are needed to repair the malfunction.
All Golden Technologies lift chairs have a green LED light display on the power transformer, one on the hand control and a third green LED light display on the wire that plugs into the transformer. If one of these lights are off, you will know the chair malfunctioned.
- You should ﬁrst check that the chair is plugged into an electrical outlet, that the fuse or breaker for that outlet is properly working, and that all other connections are plugged together properly. If your chair is still not working, please check the following.
- When the green LED on the transformer is not lit, there is a malfunction with the transformer and it needs to be replaced.
- When the green LED on the transformer wire is not lit, there is a malfunction with the wire and it needs to be replaced.
- When the green LED on the hand control is not lit and the chair is not working, it may mean the hand control or extension wire is defective and needs to be replaced.
- When all three green LED lights are not lit, it may mean the lift chair motor needs to be replaced.
- If all LED lights are on and the chair runs only in one direction, the hand control is defective and needs to be replaced.